AppImage

Remmina AppImage - terminate called after throwing an instance of 'linuxdeploy::desktopfile::ParseError'

Hi all,

I’m trying to create the AppImage for the Remmina remote desktop client.

In our desktop files, we have some x-scheme-handler that from my understandinf of the freedesktop specs are right, but linuxdeploy exit with a parsing error:

$ linuxdeploy-x86_64.AppImage --appdir AppDir
-- Deploying files into AppDir root directory --
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'linuxdeploy::desktopfile::ParseError'
  what():  Key x-scheme-handler/remmina contains invalid character /
[1]    1076 abort (core dumped)  linuxdeploy-x86_64.AppImage --appdir AppDir

Our scheme handlers looks like this:

AppDir/usr/share/applications/org.remmina.Remmina.desktop:MimeType=x-scheme-handler/rdp;x-scheme-handler/spice;x-scheme-handler/vnc;x-scheme-handler/remmina;application/x-remmina;
AppDir/usr/share/applications/remmina-file.desktop:x-scheme-handler/remmina=remmina-file.desktop
AppDir/usr/share/applications/remmina-file.desktop:x-scheme-handler/rdp=remmina-file.desktop
AppDir/usr/share/applications/remmina-file.desktop:x-scheme-handler/spice=remmina-file.desktop
AppDir/usr/share/applications/remmina-file.desktop:x-scheme-handler/vnc=remmina-file.desktop

I cannot really say is this is an issue on our side or with the linuxdeploy parser.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Iḿ really wrong here… I saw this and than red the Desktop Entry Specification again

I’m investigating how to create a a valid protocol handler

I’ve just removed the offending keys and it works.

1 Like

Hi @antenore and welcome here. How is your Remmina AppImage going? Is it up for testing?