Experimental Gqrx AppImage

Hi @probono

Thanks for the experimental Gqrx AppImage you posted yesterday. I tried it on three different Linux systems (Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04 and Fedora-don’t-really-know-what-version-it-was) and it worked on all three of them.

Did you build it from source or using existing binaries?

I am in the process of releasing version 2.6 and I would be interested in having an experimental AppImage of this version for testing and then work towards having it integrated into the release process later later on.

Cheers
Alex

Hi @csete, thanks for testing the experimental Gqrx AppImage.

I made the AppImage using existing binaries for trusty (please keep providing these!). This is the .yml file that I used, it shows the ingredients for the AppImage:

https://github.com/probonopd/AppImages/blob/master/recipes/meta/Gqrx.yml

You can easily make your own AppImages by using this Recipe together with the .yml file.

Do you have another ppa for the experimental version? Just change it in the file above and run it…

Thanks for the script and pointer to the recipe. I will give it a try.

We are most certainly going to continue using the PPAs since they cover many distributions and users, and also provide a complete GNU Radio SDK beyond what it necessary for Gqrx. I don’t have experimental or testing PPA at the moment. I would like to make more frequent stable releases instead but you know, time is always an issue :slight_smile:

@csete thanks, as you can see above, your ppa can be leveraged to make the AppImage as a side-product with almost no additional work.