Some strange artifact

Hi to all,

My name is Fabien Bodard and I’m working on Gambas IDE appimage integration

With the help of Alexis Lopez Zubieta I’m now able to generate gambas programs appimage. That is a big step for me :-). (With his appimage-builder project)

Well now I’ve some strange things.

Like :
WARNING **: 17:43:17.013: While connecting to session manager:

and
/usr/lib/gvfs/libgvfscommon.so: undefined symbol: g_task_set_name
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so: undefined symbol: g_task_set_name
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so
/usr/lib/gvfs/libgvfscommon.so: undefined symbol: g_task_set_name
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiognomeproxy.so: undefined symbol: g_task_set_name
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiognomeproxy.so
/tmp/.mount_appimaR032eB/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnutls.so.30: version `GNUTLS_3_6_3’ not found (required by /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so)
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/fonts.conf”, line 5: unknown element “its:rules”
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/fonts.conf”, line 6: unknown element “its:translateRule”
Fontconfig error: “/etc/fonts/fonts.conf”, line 6: invalid attribute ‘translate’
Fontconfig error: “/etc/fonts/fonts.conf”, line 6: invalid attribute ‘selector’
Fontconfig error: “/etc/fonts/fonts.conf”, line 7: invalid attribute ‘xmlns:its’
Fontconfig error: “/etc/fonts/fonts.conf”, line 7: invalid attribute ‘version’

ANd a big list of fonts … After a long search … I think I need to query help :-/.

There is also some things really strange… on archlinux fonts disapear. I’ve only beautifull squares in place of characters…

Can you help me ? please :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you

Hello,
Could you please share the AppImage that is failing to load the fonts on Arch in order to give it a try.
Most of the fontconfig erros could be ignored as long as you get your texts rendered properly, maybe you could also try embedding a font packages.

I’ve found that I’ve just to add fontconfig to correct that :-)… nothing too hard.

And Alexis, what can yo tell me about all the error loading … where are they come from ?

Hello @gambix, great Gambas AppImage integration would be awesome.

Can you expain a bit more about your setup (distribution, version,…) and tooling you use to make the AppImages?

Hi,

For the moment I only use the tool of Alexis appimage-builder.
We will be based on a recipe pattern in which we will provide information on the gambas packages necessary for the execution of the project. It’s pretty simplistic but it must work.
Of course, we are far from the first idea which was to make optimized bricks from a version of prawns itself packed in an appimage. But as Gambas works on ubuntu versions up to 12.10 it doesn’t pose too much of a problem since the version used is the last lts.

We still have to make the interface which will allow the developer to add additional packages according to the external calls of his own application. What in Gambas is quite simple :-).

He can also choose the version of Gambas used according to the ppa. (stable / daily) and can also be the architecture (amd / i686 / arm / arm64).

Here is.

Benoit Minisini may take over at this level, so that the integration is as clean as possible.

Among other things, automate the installation of appimagekit / appimage-buider and docker.

Kind regards,

Fabien