Adding my .SO file to the bundle

Hello,

I’m using Ubuntu 18.04 and using linuxdeployqt-7-x86_64 with “-unsupported-allow-new-glibc -appimage”.
I’ve successfully created my app image using test gui I made using Qt, and now trying to create my actual app which contains my *.so file, I’ve tried following the guide how to use it, and when I generate the appimage I’m not getting any issues, but when trying to run my appimage, I’m getting error saying my .so.
The error is:
“error while loading shared libraries: libfnc_so2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

I’ve copied the *.so file both to the direction I’ve used to create the appimage with and next to the appimage itself, still receiving the error.

The .so is linked to the Qt itself and using the framework I’m having to issues running my app there.

Have I tried to include the .so wrongly?

Issue has been resolved.

I’ve created configure file over /etc/ld.so.conf.d which contains only a single line of text which is the directory of my “missing” .so.
Afterwards I’ve ran ldconfig and problem was resolved.

Hi @royraihen, welcome to AppImage.

Please do not use unsupported flags. They are, well, unsupported, and in most case break the resulting AppImage.

When using linuxdeployqt, please build on the oldest still-supported operating system release as shown in GitHub - probonopd/linuxdeployqt: Makes Linux applications self-contained by copying in the libraries and plugins that the application uses, and optionally generates an AppImage. Can be used for Qt and other applications. Otherwise your generated AppImages will almost certainly not run on all still-supported Ubuntu releases and similar “old” operating systems.

Eu sou nova na área e gostaria de uma foto da linha que você criou. Estou com um problema parecido e parece que esta é a solução, mas somente lendo não consigo entender o que preciso fazer.

I am new to the area and would like a picture of the line you created. I am having a similar problem and it looks like this is the solution, but just reading it I can’t understand what I need to do.