AppImage

Trying to package Bombono-dvd as Appimage

Hi all!
I have been trying for a couple of days to convert a .deb package of the Bombono-dvd app as Appimage, since the program doesn’t have any release for the new Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal Fossa)
I did this on a 18.04 system, the last one supported by the app.
I did manage to have a working Appimage for 18.04 but it doesn’t on Focal. I ecountered two issues. First one is an error I get when I try to start the Appimage, I get this: “execv error: Permission denied”.

Anyway I noticed this error doesn’t occur if I try to start the AppRun from the AppDir folder, but I have issues with the needed libraries, that on 20.04 have different versions. I managed to get needed libraries from 18.04 and bundle them into the Appimage, so that they shouldn’t be needed in Focal, but now I get the following error:
“bombono-dvd: /home/user/bombono.appdir/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29’ not found (required by /home/user/bombono.appdir/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpng16.so.16)”.

Could anyone help me with this?

Hello @ghoppaccia, please ask the developers of Bombono to provide an AppImage. Thank you very much.