AppImage

Building Any AppImage with QT doesnt work / pixbuf

Hello, I am currently going through the tutorial on the documentation page.
I am currently trying to create an AppImage for the QT Test Application (https://appimage-builder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/intro/tutorial.html)

When ever I try to create the AppImage this happens:

INFO:root:Writing qt.conf to: usr/bin/qt.conf
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/appimage-builder”, line 18, in
main();
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/AppImageBuilder/main.py”, line 63, in main
builder.build()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/AppImageBuilder/app_dir/builder.py”, line 68, in build
self._generate_runtime()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/AppImageBuilder/app_dir/builder.py”, line 90, in _generate_runtime
runtime.generate()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/AppImageBuilder/app_dir/runtimes/wrapper/runtime.py”, line 45, in generate
self._configure_runtime(app_run)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/AppImageBuilder/app_dir/runtimes/wrapper/runtime.py”, line 57, in _configure_runtime
h.configure(app_run)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/AppImageBuilder/app_dir/runtimes/wrapper/helpers/gdk_pixbuf.py”, line 26, in configure
self._generate_loaders_cache(path, loaders_cache_path)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/AppImageBuilder/app_dir/runtimes/wrapper/helpers/gdk_pixbuf.py”, line 33, in _generate_loaders_cache
proc = subprocess.run([‘gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders’], cwd=self.app_dir, stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py”, line 472, in run
with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as process:
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py”, line 775, in init
restore_signals, start_new_session)
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py”, line 1522, in _execute_child
raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders’: ‘gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders’

I tried adding pixbuf path to the LIBRARY like the GIMP example tells you to. My AppImageBuilder.yml looks like this right now:

version: 1
AppDir:
path: ./AppDir
app_info:
id: QtQuickControls2Application
name: SimpleQtApp
icon: QtQuickControls2Application
version: latest
exec: usr/bin/qt-appimage-template
exec_args: $@
runtime:
env:
APPDIR_LIBRARY_PATH: $APPDIR/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gvfs:$APPDIR/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules:$APPDIR/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:$APPDIR/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders:$APPDIR/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0
apt:
arch: amd64
sources:
- sourceline: deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
key_url: ‘https://ftp-master.debian.org/keys/release-10.asc
include:
- gvfs
- libdbus-1-3
- libexpat1
- libgcrypt20
- liblzma5
- libmount1
- libpcre3
- libsystemd0
- libtinfo6
- qml-module-qtquick-controls2
- qml-module-qtquick-layouts
- qml-module-qtquick-templates2
- qml-module-qtquick-window2
- qml-module-qtquick2
- qt5-gtk-platformtheme
exclude: []
files:
exclude:
- usr/share/man
- usr/share/doc//README.
- usr/share/doc//changelog.
- usr/share/doc//NEWS.
- usr/share/doc//TODO.
test:
fedora:
image: appimagecrafters/tests-env:fedora-30
command: ./AppRun
use_host_x: true
debian:
image: appimagecrafters/tests-env:debian-stable
arch:
image: appimagecrafters/tests-env:archlinux-latest
centos:
image: appimagecrafters/tests-env:centos-7
ubuntu:
image: appimagecrafters/tests-env:ubuntu-xenial
AppImage:
arch: x86_64
update-information: None
sign-key: None

The same problem occurs when trying to create an AppImage with the VLC example (https://appimage-builder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/examples/multimedia.html)
My OS is Debian and I can not figure out how to fix this sadly. Maybe someone can point me into the right direction so I can finally start packaging my apps :slight_smile:

You need to make sure that this binary is available in the system PATH. In a Debian system the file should be installed at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders

The latest appimage-builder version should be able to find it there. You can also read

for more details.

Thank you. I completly missunderstood the error message all the time. I thought the AppDir had to contain the pixbuf binary not the system.
Thank you.